Pre-Loved Hovercraft For Sale
2008 Airlift Hoverflyer H580 - Price On Request
Click To Enlarge
Hoverflyer video links
- Only 250 Hours of running time
- LED cabin low level lighting fitted as per customer supply
- Aluminium safety bar with light brackets
- Spotlights fitted to roll bar
- Rubber matting in cabin
- Road trailer with aluminium tilt deck and galvanised frame per specification sheet ‘AirLift Hovercraft_GSS_580T’
- Modification to trailer tow hitch for shortening during storage
- Locks to all compartments
- Elevators and control gear
- Two cigarette lighter type sockets for accessory power supply
- Storage cover, short version clips around duct and top of windscreen
- Army camouflage paint scheme, 3-colours in ‘Anzothane’ polyurethane paint
- Reinforced floor and tie downs for freight or special equipment
- Operating Manual
- PA system
- Headset audio communication system for pilot and passengers
* The vessel is being sold with a complete Airlift Hovercraft factory inspection and service and in full running order.
* Please Note the vessel can be upgraded to ‘in survey commercial status’ at additional cost.
* Delivery to your destination/port available upon request.
* Pilot and maintenance training also available upon request.
a 46 passenger 5 Tonne Payload Hovercraft with forward and reverse thrust
The Aurora features elegant design, ergonomic seating, impressive performance and seats 46 passengers in luxury. Need to do long trips? there’s a built-in HEAD (toilet) and a small room for a galley or storage. Powered by triple Mercedes 330hp turbo diesel engines.
The cabin features a split-level design. The main cabin is spacious enough to seat 36 passengers, the upper cabin/cockpit area seats 10 passengers, the pilot & navigator.
Standard passenger seats recline & feature arm rests, table trays and magazine pockets.
The cabin aisle is 1.25 metres (49″) wide!
The cockpit has a clean modern layout which is well appointed, with modern controls and instruments. The dash also features a 30cm colour LCD Radar/GPS screen, mounted directly in front of the pilot. There are 7.5 x 20cm colour LCD screens for engine monitoring, Centrally located in an overhead console.
INGRESS & EGRESS
Main entrance/exit is via a spacious stern door located between the propellers. This door folds out & down, which features built-in steps. Additionally, there is a “gull-wing” type door, one on each side of the main cabin. For loading/unloading from a dock or side by side another vessel.
Twin centrifugal lift fans, hydrostatically driven via the forward engine provide lift.
The lift fans can be slowed down or sped up during manoeuvring, independent of propeller speed.
The propulsion propellers feature a fixed pitch prop with independent forward/reverse.
The propellers are hydrostatically driven. Eliminating shafts, belts, pulleys and bearings!
Mercedes 926 Engines x 3.
The engine rooms are accessible from within the craft.
Craft manoeuvrability is superior due to the combination of four independent control devices.
1. Rudders, provide steering
2. Elevators, provide fore & aft trim
3. “ABC” (active body roll control) system banks the craft into the turn (or can be used to check cross winds)
4. Propellers are used for slow speed manoeuvring, with forward/reverse thrust.
The skirt system is of “BAG, DIAPHRAGM & FINGER” type, which is dynamically stable under adverse conditions (weather or terrain related). With an impressive isolated obstacle clearance, of up to 1.2 metres. A smooth ride is ensured!
This model features a “wide body” design. This design eliminates the large unusable side panels often found on similar sized Hovercraft.
This normally “wasted space” is utilised for cabin width, resulting in a luxurious, spacious cabin!
The body is a one piece fibreglass foam sandwich construction with a moulded gelcoat finish.
*major advantages of foam sandwich construction is superior thermal and acoustic properties with no joints or rivets to leak!
Craft Length 14.5 m 47 ft. 6 in.
Craft Width 5.7 m 18ft. 8 in.
Craft Height 3.5 m 11 ft. 5 in.
Cabin Length 11 m 36 ft.
Cabin Width 4.5 m 14 ft. 8 in.
Cabin Height 2 m 6 ft. 6 in.
Aisle Width 1.25 m 4 ft. 1 in.
Cushion Height 1.2 m 3 ft. 9 in.
WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES
Craft Weight, empty 15,000 kg 33,069 lbs.
Craft Weight, fully loaded 21,500 kg 47,399 lbs.
Fuel Capacity 3x 378 litres 3x 100 US gal.
Max. Passengers 46
Type 3x Mercedes 926 (not tuned)
Configuration 6 cylinder
Power 330 HP @ 2,200 rpm 3x 246 kw 1,000 hp
Torque @ 1,800 rpm 3x 1,152 Nm 3x 850 lb-ft.
Fuel Type Diesel
Max. Speed 111 km/h 65 knots
Cruise Speed 74 km/h 40 knots
Max. Wave Height 2 m 6 ft. 6 in.
Max. Wind Speed 46 km/h 25 knots
Range @ cruise speed 1,000 km 540 knots